Nov 18, 2019
DAILY NEWS ONLINEABOUTCONTACT

UK Archives - Daily Mail Online

IMG_20191020_215751.png

October 20, 2019250

Prince Harry will express his desire to leave the UK entirely and move to Africa in a documentary set to air tonight, it is claimed.

The Duke of Sussex also describes Cape Town as an “amazing place” in the revelation during tonight’s show set to air on ITV.

Speaking to the Sunday Times , broadcaster Tom Bradby, who interviewed the prince for the show, described him and wife Meghan as “vulnerable and bruised”.

It is claimed that the pair are hoping to build a bush lodge in Botswana, where Harry visited last month.

Speaking about the continent, Harry says tonight: “I don’t know where we could live in Africa at the moment. We’ve just come from Cape Town.

“That would be an amazing place for us to be able to base ourselves.”

It comes as reports claim the Duke and Duchess are set to take a six-week break for some “family time”.

The extended period from mid-November will see them travel to the Los Angeles to see Meghan’s mother Doria Ragland, for Thanksgiving.

It is also expected that they will spend Christmas with the Queen in Sandringham, as is royal tradition.

A royal source told the Sunday Times that after completing a full schedule of engagements until mid-November they plan on taking “much needed family time”.

Harry and Meghan visited Africa last month, a trip that included a journey to Botswana.

The pair fell in love there while “camped out under the stars” when they began dating in 2017.

Harry, 35, visited the African country last month and is thought to have started the search for their dream property.

A source said: “They would love to build a traditional bush lodge, constructed by locals, bringing work and trade to the land.

“There has also been talk of a local school being built as well.

“Most importantly they want somewhere where they have complete privacy and will not be disturbed.” (Sunday Times)



October 17, 201910

The UK has scrapped a controversial plan to require age verification for accessing porn online, after repeated delays.

Digital Secretary Nicky Morgan said the measure — which was initially scheduled to go into effect in March 2018 — “will not be commencing.” Instead, the government plans to accomplish the goal of “protecting children online” as part of a “propsed online harms regulatory regime.”

Morgan didn’t elaborate further on what these proposals would entail.

The proposed law would’ve forced pornography websites to age-verify internet users in the UK to ensure they are above the age of 18 before allowing access to pornographic material.

But it hit a snag early this June for the third time, a month before it was due to be enforced on July 15, following concerns that watchers’ browsing habits could be tied to their identities and misused for large-scale data harvesting.

Then there were the legal and practical limitations to consider. Critics warned that those under 18 would be able to bypass the restriction using VPNs to disguise their locations, or switch to other social media platforms that host pornographic content, such as Reddit and Twitter, which aren’t covered by the law.

The NextWeb, an online news portal quoted Morgan as saying, “The government‘s commitment to protecting children online is unwavering,” Morgan said. “We want to deliver the most comprehensive approach to keeping children safe online.”



About us

Daily Mail Africa is an online news media published by FINT Nigeria in February, 2017 to deliver objective news on the spot and undertake unbiased news analyses presenting Africa before the world. We are Independent and a non-partisan media group driven by the pursuit of truth and excellent journalism. We would always be impartial by sustaining our integrity through objectivity and defend the common goods.


+234 907 888 9988

dailymailngr@gmail.com



Latest tweets